When it comes to ecological aspects of the design, we match the project’s green goals with the client’s green aspirations. There is very little in the world of ecobuilding that we have not done already. We can bring that expertise to your project.
Most of our clients want to incorporate the green features that make sense for them, that they value the most. That may be continuously filtered fresh air delivered to bedrooms. Or thorough air sealing to eliminate cold drafts. Recycling construction waste is surprisingly easy to do. Low-flow showerheads save water and energy while providing a satisfying spray. Well-designed compact spaces reduce cost and function well. Just let us know your priorities and we will align your project with them.
Our firm’s mission is to design exemplary green buildings in the Pacific Northwest.
- The first LEED Gold and second LEED Platinum grocery stores in the world
- One of our houses scored the second most points ever under LEED for Homes and was the second project awarded the exacting Built Green Emerald Star certification
- Some of the first few Built Green 5-Star houses, both new and remodel/addition
- Three certified Passivhaus projects to date
- One net-zero-energy house to date
- We pioneered potable rainwater harvesting in Washington's King County, including the first house to obtain all of its water solely from rain
The Difference Is Experience
VELOCIPEDE has completed some of the greenest projects in the United States. We are happy to help you meet your green design goals, however ambitious (or modest) they might be. Our extensive experience designing and certifying green projects can help you achieve your desired results with minimal hassle.